Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:08:34 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Oct 24, 6:58*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:21:15 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Driving home I passed a sign for an auto glass and repair shop. *Worth
a stop. *They said $20 for glass, $20 for labor, pick it up in a
couple of days. *Sold! *Hope it is as easy as they seemed to think.
It does not look easy to me.

Let us know in a few days is they worked miracles :-/

Chances are they will or they send it to a residential glass shop.

They called by noon the next day. It was ready.

The staked spots on two of the four corners (diagonal ones) are
slightly enlarged. Looks like they took it apart there.

I suspect I could have done this one myself, given two days and some
bad words. Lots easier to let the pros do it.

I'm happy for you and that things worked out.

In the morning I have a pool pump and flitter unit being replaced. I
could do it, but choose to have the pro do it. Sometimes that is
best. I can do other things...

Thanks for the follow-up.