Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Jet...Junk?

Charlie Self wrote:

Reminds me of the college professor in NYC who sneered at the garbage men's
strike back in the '60s. I asked him how much of a problem it would create if
all the teachers in the city struck for 6 weeks. There isn't a damned thing
wrong with being a garbage man. What's wrong with your guy is not his job.

A fellow who wipes asses for a living doesn't think poorly of garbagemen's
contributions to society in general. OTOH, this fellow had no business looking
down his nose at the doctor because he was a little darker than others. The doc
was raised and educated in Ohio. It was the blatant racism that offended me.
The patient was openly abusive of any of the help who wasn't white. My attitude
was, if he doesn't want their help, he doesn't need mine. Whenever he wanted
something, I took my time finding him a white coworker.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com