Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Toasters

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:48:43 +0100, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Frank Erskine :
The problem with pop-up (when it works!) is that the toast gets cold a
lot quicker out of the machine. It's much better to leave it in there
until _you_ want to take it out to butter it...

That's if you like your butter melted. I prefer it not melted, so
cooling quickly is a Good Thing. Having said that, our Tefal toaster
pops it up only a little and you need to press a lever to raise it more.
That's better than popping it right out onto the floor, though.

The butter has to melt into the toast properly so that the ensuing
Marmite X-O then spreads correctly without 'curdling' too much.

I still can't see exactly why a toaster needs to 'pop up' its
product, even if only partially. Isn't this just a 50s" instant
automation") sort of idea?

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland