Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toasters

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:47:35 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:58:11 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:12:32 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson wrote:

I recall from some postings here some time back that Dualit is the
choice of many, so wondering if that's still the learned opinion.

Some people love Dualits and defend all their failings (many in
common with other toasters) with a vigour that equals the venom used
against Dyson vacuum cleaners.

No toaster is consistent between consequative slices, this is the
major failing IMHO but it's not an easy problem to solve. Personally
Dualits are expensive objects for poseurs. If I was going for a
toaster I'd go for summat from the middle range of a known brand but
without bells and whistles of a display or other gimicks.

Are there any Internet-capable toasters yet?

There was the famous object-oriented toaster from the 80s IIRC. Didn't
the King have the computer scientist responsible thrown in the moat?

I only ask because ours has an unused network socket next to it.

OTOH, it's a Dualit and won't wear out for years!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org