Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default Toasters

On Oct 26, 8:49*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Jules Richardson writes:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:12:32 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

So... It's getting on for new toaster time in the Henderson household -
our 20+ year old Philips Sunrise with it's single long-slot, while still
functional has lost some of it's appeal as well as it's ability to
pop-up in a timely manner.

In the spirit of the group, make one. Couple of cooker hob elements, a
timer, some microswitches and relays, a few springs, and a bit of sheet
metal... ;-)

I did when I was at university.

One enterprising student at my university decided to adapt his toaster
as a toasted-sandwich maker by turning it on its side and inserting
bread and cheese. Result - cheese/element interaction, copious volumes
of smoke, fire alarms, fire brigade, etc...

--
Halmyre