Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CAUTION: Metal boat stuff advice sought

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:46:14 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 10/26/2011 9:41 AM, wrote:

Befriend a healthy young lady who likes to fish and can handle the
outboard.

And, maybe, get a smaller motor. My 9.9 Yamaha is 95 pounds dry.

But for the adaptation of an air cooled engine to liquid cooling -
and installing it in a 12 foot boat???
on a tight budget?

I'd have to say the years scheming about it could have been better used
_trying_ it.

OR?

A very good troll....

Richard,

I've been busy with other more important things. And I've been using
the boat but my wrist pain has finally gotten to the point that I need
to do something.
Eric

Take Tylenol and Naproxin together. They work symbiotically and it
should help at least some.

As for the boat, from what I saw of the floating lawn mower, a healthy
trolling motor could probably give it a good run for the money and effort.

Or perhaps a Honda 2 HP outboard? Pricy new, but can occassionally be
found used. 29 pounds. I've been saving up to buy one for my dinghy.

Thanks for the pain advice Richard. But I've been dealing with this
pain 1999 and have tried everything. The problem isn't as simple as
joints wearing out. Both wrists were crushed and after all the bone
graftsand reconstructions they just aren't the shape they used to be
and the missing cartilage can't be replaced. I do have a couple 3 hp
trolling outboards. They are noisy and 2 strokes. I bought a small 4
stroke from Honda before they were available on weedeaters. They are
rated at 1 hp. I bought it to make a small trolling motor. Though it
worked well it was noisy and the aluminum the motor is made of did not
tolerate salt air. In just 1 year the corrosion from living above the
beach was severe enough that the clutch housing couldn't be removed.
Eric