Lawrence R Horgan

Default Jet...Junk?

I read all these posts and I can only speak for myself. Like you, I'll
usually pay a few more dollars for something "made in the USA". Despite what
the others have said, the quality is almost always at least slightly better.
That doesn't mean there isn;t junk being built right here in our backyard.

JET has a nearly outstanding reputation. I don;t own their tools, but I've
used them. And, like someone said earlier, even Delta machinery is made
mostly overseas.... in Taiwan. So, don;t hold off from buying a Jet tool
just because it's made foreign. But if you're like me and all tools being
equal, I'll buy USA as often as possible.

Larry

--
Americans

"Oregon" wrote in message
igy.com...
A recent WoodCraft flier revealed that the Jet bandsaw I've been lusting
after is made in Taiwan. I've got this "buy American" thing happening,
partly because...well, I'm an American, and because other than cars and
electronics, I'm not convinced that those foreign boys make a decent
product. My BP goes up a bit every time I have to grab a "mm" wrench. So
what's the scoop with Jet? Seems to be a quality tool, but "made in

Taiwan"
doesn't fill me with tool-joy. I'm sure I'd be disappointed if I

researched
the country of origin for my Delta and Craftsman tools.
Your thoughts on the matter?
O.