Yitah Wu

Default Jet...Junk?

I work for one of the big two (was big three) so I understand the "Buy
American" thing.

Unfortunately, everybody's moving overseas and you really have to look hard
to find something made in the US. I bought a Delta Planer and Drill press,
and after unpacking it, found that the DP is made in China and the planer is
made in Taiwan. China is still suspect in my book, but my experience is
that stuff out of Taiwan is consistently good quality. Separately, I bought
a Fuji bicycle, since it's a old, old brand out of Japan. Suprise, it's
made in Taiwan too.

BTW, as an engineer, Imperial units (inches) really suck, and MY bp goes up
every time I have to convert from slugs or pounds to kilograms and
newtons.....

I work for one of the big two (was big three) but it's no
"Oregon" wrote in message
igy.com...
A recent WoodCraft flier revealed that the Jet bandsaw I've been lusting
after is made in Taiwan. I've got this "buy American" thing happening,
partly because...well, I'm an American, and because other than cars and
electronics, I'm not convinced that those foreign boys make a decent
product. My BP goes up a bit every time I have to grab a "mm" wrench. So
what's the scoop with Jet? Seems to be a quality tool, but "made in

Taiwan"
doesn't fill me with tool-joy. I'm sure I'd be disappointed if I

researched
the country of origin for my Delta and Craftsman tools.
Your thoughts on the matter?
O.