Leon

Default Jet...Junk?

Are you normally this naive or just new to all of this. Jet has always been
an import. And you might be surprised how little Delta and Craftsman builds
in the US. Face it, if you think American built dictates quality, that
might be the answer to why American car builders got away for so long
building crap and why it was so easy for the imports to come in and
dominate.

"Oregon" wrote in message
igy.com...
A recent WoodCraft flier revealed that the Jet bandsaw I've been lusting
after is made in Taiwan. I've got this "buy American" thing happening,
partly because...well, I'm an American, and because other than cars and
electronics, I'm not convinced that those foreign boys make a decent
product. My BP goes up a bit every time I have to grab a "mm" wrench. So
what's the scoop with Jet? Seems to be a quality tool, but "made in

Taiwan"
doesn't fill me with tool-joy. I'm sure I'd be disappointed if I

researched
the country of origin for my Delta and Craftsman tools.
Your thoughts on the matter?
O.