Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Adding external air tank to existing air compressor to give equivalent bigger tank

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com writes:
BTW I clear my pool lines using my shop vac. That really pushes quite
a bit through. I realize that my 1.5 inch lines don't compare to a 1"
line.
But you might consider it. make an adapter using pvc and a step down.
It might be the ticket.

Interesting. I use my shop vac in blower mode to go through 20-30ft of
2" PVC to reach & blow out the gutters on my 3rd floor roof. It works
well.

I guess the question would be what type of pressure could a shop vac
push through 100-150 feet of 1" pvc irrigation tubing. Also the
sprinkler heads & rotors along with the backflow preventer all require a
certain minimal pressure to operate plus you need enough force to flush out
the water.

Sort of the opposite problem of a compressor where you have plenty of
pressure but lack volume; here you have plenty of volume but may lack
pressure...