Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default hydraulic snowblower

Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" scored a 60" Arps tractor snowblower at an auction today...

He wants to run it on his skid steer. Just cut off the three point,
put on a hydraulic motor and mount plate. His question, which
hydraulic motor?

He's got 10.5 GPM at 2000PSI on the skid steer. The blower should run
500 RPM. OK, I'd do 10gpm*231 in3/gal is 2310 in3/min
2310in3/500 is 4.6in3 motor

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...c&keyword=HML1
Any more to it than just getting one of the bottom three selections
from surplus center?

What hp will he get to the blower? I got 13hp but I'm probably doing
something wrong so I won't share my work G At any rate, I'm telling
him he's going to be limited on blowing power. My 72" PTO blower can
bring a 60 horse tractor to its knees.

Karl

He doesn't have enough flow really. The common 60" rigs for skid steers
take closer to 20-30 gpm.

Most of the ones for lower flow use twin motors, one for the auger and
one for the impeller.

--
Steve W.