Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

On 10/24/2011 11:56 AM, TimR wrote:
I have a broken pane in the storm window, one of those aluminum frame
things that slides up and down in multiple channels.

Looks like a bb gun hole, then the whole glass pane cracked. But it
could also be a stone thrown from a lawnmower, I guess.

Anyway, I got the broken one out of the window. But i can't see how
to get the glass out of the frame. I've replaced a zillion glass
panes in wood frame windows, with the glaziers points and putty
approach, and done a few screens with the rubber strip and spline
tool. But this one doesn't come apart in any obvious way.

What do I try next?

The windows I've repaired have mitered corners, with "L" shaped plastic
peg that holds each corner together...just pull apart at the corners,
trying not to break the plastic pegs. I've also found some sealing
strips at hdw stores, but not reliable choices of size/fit.