Posted to rec.woodworking

Default B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 19:45:31 -0500, Roy
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:00:06 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

You want to compare the total number of
content pages, regardless of total pages in an issue.

I did, and came up with percentages, which is what I was after.

Using your figures and
some cyphering I calculate the Oct issue had 51 pages of content and the Nov
issue had 81.

Huh? 47.2% of 108 pages is not 51, and 56.5% of 128 is not 81 in
anyone's book. What -are- you smoking, sir?

108 minus 57ish leaves 51 pages of content, according to your original post, for
October. 128 minus 47ish leaves 81 pages of content for November. Therefor the
total content increase is 81/51 = 1.59(ish), multiply by 100 to get percent and
it becomes 159%, a 59% increase over the content pages from October.

OK, amateur statistician mode acknowledged. I did it backwards.

The content pages in Nov are actually 59% more than Oct, while the total pages
increased 18.5%. The over all content is actually much better, but is still not
the double you are being charged for.

Back away from the hookah and keep your hands in sight, sir.

I think you're suffering from that metric system all y'all use.

LJ--carefully inching away...

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable