Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Match indoor paint color

On 10/21/2011 9:01 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Higgs wrote in
news:c4204d11-0f60-4884-a4d7-
:

Need to paint my LR/DR walls. A certain beautiful green from a
picture mat.

I heard of a gadget -- spectro-something? -- that electronically
matches the color of the sample you bring in.

Color Spectrum Analyzer

My nabe BM store doesn't have it.

Odd. I thougt it was a staple for any respectable paint store these
days.

Before I start calling around, does anyone have experience matching
colors with the gadget?

Appreciate your input.

HB

Try like a Sherwin Williams if you refuse to get it at the Borg. All
Borgs have it that I've ever been to.

Not only Borgs, but WALMART has 'em in their superstores that sell paint.

They're everywhere.

Stay far away from Walmart paint, more water than paint. Just did 3
rooms with the crap, tan over cream took 2 coats. If they push the $11
flat ceiling paint just chuckle and leave. In this case white really
doesn't cover white!

They used to carry Dutch Boy witch was decent paint, now they carry a
watered down version of Glidden.

The wife brought the junk home and pouted until I consented to used it.

Never again,
John