Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Match indoor paint color

On Oct 21, 7:33*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:03*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Oct 21, 7:04*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

Need to paint my LR/DR walls. *A certain beautiful green from a
picture mat.

I heard of a gadget -- spectro-something? -- that electronically
matches the color of the *sample you bring in.

My nabe BM store doesn't have it.

Before I start calling around, does anyone have experience matching
colors with the gadget?

Appreciate your input.

*nabe BM * *Did you mean "nearby" and "bricks & mortar"? *If yoiur are
going to pretend to tweet, at least use the correct abbreviations.

Neighborhood and Benjamin Moore.

To the OP, if your paint store doesn't have a color analyzer, it's not
a paint store. *I'm surprised that BM lets them sell their paint if
they're that amateurish.

Interesting feedback. This store is one of the oldest in the community; been there at least 60 years. Not "amateurish"; very experienced. I was hoping they would have the analyzer so I could buy my LR/DR paint from them like I've been doing since the Pleistocene. Sometimes an experienced eyeball can do almost as well as an electronic one -- at least I hope!

If I do have to get the picture mat analyzed by, say, Home Despot, is there anything they carry that is up to BM standards? Lowe's is not close to me. Also, don't think I'd need tinted primer: This is light-medium green over white. I should think a good quality paint would do it one-coat.

ALSO Important!: Guess I would need to take the picture apart so the analyzer doesn't get confused by the glass. (Damn shame; I paid a bundle at a good picture store for the framing..)

TIA

HB