Posted to uk.d-i-y
Londonman[_2_] Londonman[_2_] is offline

Default New concrete slab on top on old thin slab

"Mike" wrote in message

My workshop has a lower floor level at the far end.
It was a single car size garage with a 2.2 m long extention added to
the back.
When the then owner build the extension he only laid a 30 to 40 mm
thick (if that) concrete floor with a 60 degree slope up to the
existing floor slab.
As i have a few machine tools that really need a thicker ( and more
flat) floor, what is my best option for pouring more concrete over
this thinner floor.
The area is 2.5m by 2.2 m and to make level with the rest of the
workshop needs 75mm extra depth.
It has also broke about 20 cm from the end of the workshop about 3/4
of the way across and must be dipping about 20 mm.
Can i just pour extra concrete on top of the old floor to bring it up
to height and tamp it down an smooth off. I did use a floor paint a
few years ago which is still mostly there.
Thanks for any answers

Mike

decide where the relevant machinery is to be installed. Dig out an area of
the existing floor about a foot larger all round. Install a 1" thick rubber
"case" for the new floor and make it whatever thickness you need.
This will provide a good standing for the machinery and a non-vibration
isolation to the rest of the existing.