Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default New concrete slab on top on old thin slab

My workshop has a lower floor level at the far end.
It was a single car size garage with a 2.2 m long extention added to
the back.
When the then owner build the extension he only laid a 30 to 40 mm
thick (if that) concrete floor with a 60 degree slope up to the
existing floor slab.
As i have a few machine tools that really need a thicker ( and more
flat) floor, what is my best option for pouring more concrete over
this thinner floor.
The area is 2.5m by 2.2 m and to make level with the rest of the
workshop needs 75mm extra depth.
It has also broke about 20 cm from the end of the workshop about 3/4
of the way across and must be dipping about 20 mm.
Can i just pour extra concrete on top of the old floor to bring it up
to height and tamp it down an smooth off. I did use a floor paint a
few years ago which is still mostly there.
Thanks for any answers

Mike