Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light bulbs burn out too fast

Three bulb tester would not pick up on it. Typical house
power has two "hot" wires, and a neutral. If the neutral is
not properly connected, sometimes the power is unbalanced.
One leg might be showing 130 volts, the other showing 90
volts. Depending on what appliances are being used.

Others have suggested to watch with volt meter, and see if
the voltage spikes and dips.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rebel1" wrote in message
On 10/18/2011 10:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was thinking floating neutral. In any case, a call to
the
power company might bring some helpers with equipment and
experience.

As I recall, I did test the duplex outlets with one of those
three-
light testers that detects reversed hot and neutral, as well
a missing
grounds. Everything okay.