Posted to alt.home.repair
Rebel1 Rebel1 is offline

Default Light bulbs burn out too fast

On 10/19/2011 7:29 AM, John Grabowski wrote:

*Replace the socket on the light fixture or replace the light fixture.
If the rivets in the base of the socket loosen, there is some additional
heat being generated from the arcing. That heat will conduct to the
filament and cause the bulb to burn out prematurely. Vibration can also
cause premature bulb failure. Use fan bulbs in the ceiling fan if you
aren't already.

Excellent suggestion, about the rivets. I'll investigate next time I'm
there (this weekend). I didn't know there were such things as fan bulbs,
especially for standard base sockets. I don't think she uses the fan
very much, but its three light bulbs are the main source of illumination
for the kitchen.

Thanks,

R1