Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Lowes closing a few stores

"aemeijers" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Liquidation companies have a very low RoR on current-stock items, and it
is hard on the public image. Better to just vanish- people forget
quickly. For the open-stock or shelf-worn items, they probably have a
company on contract that pays a set rate with no muss, no fuss. In the
olden days, BigLots used to get a lot of their stock that way, I think.
Back before they switched to purpose-built Chinese discount crap. I
haven't seen any secondary market stuff in their stores in ages that
looked like it had made it to retail level.

When the Circuit City stores closed I found out how dreadfully stupid people
can be. They were selling floor models, returns and other crap for very
close to what you could buy it for somewhere else with no warranty and no
recourse if it didn't work. Just put out a closeout sign up and people
swarm like moths. After all the good stuff was gone, the liquidators
brought in truckloads of super cheap crap that sold like hotcakes, too. No
wonder this nation's in trouble.

--
Bobby G.