Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Chimney experts: advice sought please- gas flue for wood burningstove?

Toby wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Just to add to that, base cost for 7m of good heavy single wall
stainless flue liner including installation (and removal of old gas
grade liner) was around £700.

Short chimney then. Mine cost 700 without installation..but the BCO
insisted on double wall. Which they probably would in this case also.

I keep seeing crazy prices for liners, there are places selling them
for a lot less, for example this one is £359 for 10 meters for 904 s/s.

http://www.stovesareus.co.uk/catalog...de-p-5911.html

Is this liner any different from one costing around £100 per meter!?

yes.

http://www.fireplaceproducts.co.uk/C...uble-Insulated

I am in no way connected with them, I am just in the market for a
liner myself for an Aga Little Wenlock SE!

oil/coal agas don't need anything like what a wood burner needs

Okay, but the site I linked to say the liner is suable...
"for use on stoves burning the following fuels:- gas, oil, coal, coke,
seasoned dry logs, cured dry peat and all smokeless fuels."

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply