Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chimney experts: advice sought please- gas flue for wood burningstove?

Tim Watts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

wrote:
Chimney experts: advice sought please- gas flue for wood burning
stove?

Dear All,

My wife and I were wondering if it would be possible to fit a wood
burning stove into our maisonette.

The existing flue *I think* must be for gas fires as it appears to be
of a rectangular 'letterbox' cross section within concrete blocks.

Is it possible to have this lined in any way so that we can use a wood
burning stove?

Any advice gratefully received!

Yes, but expect to spend about £3000 in total for stove, flue liner and
proper installation.

Thanks.

Just to add to that, base cost for 7m of good heavy single wall stainless
flue liner including installation (and removal of old gas grade liner) was
around £700.

Short chimney then. Mine cost 700 without installation..but the BCO
insisted on double wall. Which they probably would in this case also.