Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default What would be a good commercial floor vacuum with power brush

"Hawke" wrote in message
On 10/16/2011 5:49 PM, Ignoramus23036 wrote:
I was vacuuming my floor at home today, using a power-brush type of
upright vacuum. I remarked to myself that it works very well.

In my warehouse, I would like the same thing, except I would prefer
something bigger, with rougher brushes, and something that would not
need bags. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

I am sure that such things exist, can someone recommend something?

thanks

Coincidentally, I have been looking for a new vacuum cleaner myself. So
I've been checking into them. From what I've seen most of them are now all
made of plastic and I don't like that. They seem to be cheaply made junk,
even the 500 dollar Dysons.

I did run across a company that makes commercial vacuums and they look
pretty good. I may be getting one of them myself. The name of the company
is called Sanitaire and they are owned by Electrolux, I believe. Anyway, I
was looking at them and they look like they make quality machines. I'd
take a look at them.

Hawke

Go down to the Salvation Army/Amvets. Buy yourself a vintage Electrolux
canister vac.
You might have to go back a few times to get all the attachments, but I've
never paid more than $20 for a complete setup.

They were made at a time when you expected to spend over 2 weeks pay to get
a vacuum cleaner that would last a lifetime. The only plastic parts are the
wheels and the handles, and a 50yr old one has a more life left in it than
any new vacuum.

Paul K. Dickman