Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default daylight spectrum bulbs

Scott M wrote:
Simon Finnigan wrote:

I formally don't mind CFL bulbs but there must be something weird
happening
with these bulbs and the paint, as I've never seen this before. It's
almost
as if there's a lot of UV coming from the CFL and making the paint on the
walls fluoresce.

I too wonder if they chuck out UV. I have a load of glow-in-the-dark
planets and stars on a ceiling (courtesy of my brother) and since I
switched from an incandescent to a CFL they glow far more in the dark.

Course they do. dangerous for eyes as well. Conjunctivitis etc.