Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default daylight spectrum bulbs

In article
,
Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi everyone,
Ive painted a few rooms with a paint that under daylight is a lovely warm
happy yellow colour. Under energy saving bulbs it looks the brightest day
glow yellow you can ever imagine :-)

We like the colour, and I'm not inclined to paint three rooms again, but
was thinking that a bulb that gave a more "natural" light spectrum would
hopefully make the paint look more normal at night.

Anyone got at suggestions for a source of bayonet ended bulbs with a more
natural spectrum? I've had a look online but most sources are either in
china, or via eBay, which I'd like to avoid unless I am pointed towards a
particular seller or brand that is good.

I'm not aware of any CFL which gives a resonably continuous spectrum
output. For that you'd need a filament type or decent fluorescent. CFLs
all have spikes and troughs in the spectrum that can do weird things to
some colours. One make could well be different to another, too.

--
*Strip mining prevents forest fires.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.