John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Default dust control on Jet 14" bandsaw

I just did that....works sooooooooooooo much better....I cut the hole and mounted the flange.........It cut the dust down 90%.

Cheers
JOHN

--
Rose Cottage Woodworks
www.rosecottageinn.co.nz/woodworks
"SamTheCat" wrote in message ...
I have owned my Jet 14" band saw for about a year and while it has given excellant service, one thing that has always bothered me is the undersized dust port. This is the model with the 2" port that narrows to a slit right below where the blade comes through the table-- no matter what I connect to the dust port (shop vac or a 1200 cfm dust catcher) I never seem to be able to contain the dust well.

I was taking a gander at the Jet web site the other day and noticed that they now advertise the same machine with a 4" dust port -- I pull down the manual and look at the "exploded view" and sure enough they have redesigned the dust port into the cast iron lower section that houses the lower wheel.

From this I gather I am not the only one that desired a new / better dust port......

So the question is other than ordering a new saw, or ordering the cast iron lower section for repalcement -- is there any other after market attachement that I can get to add a -- working -- 4"dust port to my saw ? I was considering cutting a hole in the lower door and attaching a port there, anybody try this ?

Cheers
Eric