Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do all petroleum parts washer solvents smell horribly?

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:57:40 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I have this....

http://s-kstore.com/index.php/recycl...model-251.html

Does anyone have any instructions for its operation and maintainence?

SafteyKleen has been less than forthcoming with any guides or
manuals.....

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)

That a recycler unit. You need to use the Safety Kleen solvent in it.
It cleans the solvent by heating it to the point where it becomes vapor,
The dirt/oil will drop out of the vapor and go through the condenser
unit to be re-used. There should be a separator screew filer as well
that keeps any big chunks from getting into the pump assy.
They work great with the correct solvent BUT due to the way they operate
, using any flammable stuff like acetone/gas/thinner will make you wish
you didn't. Think blevy bomb....

Ah! I dont think mine gets hot. It used to, but it stopped last
winter..I think.

Im trying to find some documentation so I can check the thing out.