Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 23:05:41 +0100, hugh wrote:

Yes, I believe there is a standard international bumper height set by
those well known experts in design safety- the Americans - in the late
50s. It is just below knee height thus ensuring that when a pedestrian
is hit they are flung up in the air to ensure maximum damage on the way
down.

Being flung into the air is preferable to being pushed and trapped
underneath or being run over by the wheels... I think there is less
chance of suffering a bad knee injury with the impact below rather
than above as well.

depends whether you land on your head and break your neck..my first
witnessed RTA age 12.