Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , hugh
] writes
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , hugh
] writes
In message , The Other
Mike writes
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:26:44 +0100, "Roberts" wrote:

With Tailgating always let the person overtake you especially in Hampshire
where the police tailgate people to make them speed up so that they can be
nicked. If you do not speed they will give your vehicle a close inspection
when they stop you.

So turning on the pump that fires a light misting of used brake fluid
and engine oil from the nozzle under my rear bumper ensuring a
covering all over the windscreen of any tailgater isn't the correct
response then?

Just get yourself a Defender with towball set to optimum BMW
radiator height.

My Hilux one works.

Unfortunately this particular BMW was black, driving on sidelights
and not visible in my mirrors. So I reversed into him! Visible damage
was only the number plate but who knows what the insurers made of it.

regards

The whiplash claim?

Nothing said.

I think they had simply got too close because I was footling about
having missed the *entry* to a shed car park. Further back, I would
have seen them and they could have thought of sounding the horn.

There is an apocryphal tale of somebody ridiculing the suggestion that
car bumpers should all be the same height on the basis that you
couldn't compare a mini and a rolls. Apparently, at that time, they
were the same!

regards

Yes, I believe there is a standard international bumper height set by
those well known experts in design safety- the Americans - in the late
50s. It is just below knee height thus ensuring that when a pedestrian
is hit they are flung up in the air to ensure maximum damage on the way
down.
--
hugh