Posted to uk.d-i-y
Part Timer Part Timer is offline

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

On 15/10/2011 22:20, Dave Liquorice wrote:

You do have to watch the ratings though. I waiting for a LED GLS
replacement to come along. Saw somthing the other day in Bean 'n
Queued that was a clear GLS envelope with a rid inside covered with
LED elements. Nearly bought one to try until I spotted the light
output was only 100 lumen. They also had some other LED GLS shaped
things but I think the light only came out of the rounded top not,
more or less, in all directions, unsurprisingly these had an output
around 500 lumen presumably on axis of the beam...

Leeds branch of Clas Ohlson had the "LEDs on a PCB in a GLS" the first
(and so far only) time I went in for a look around. Wasn't tempted to
buy one to try though. Seemed like a convenience store for those who
can't be bothered to shop around. 50cm SATA cable for £4.99 anyone?