Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

In article ,
"Brian Gaff" writes:
I wonderhow much radio frequency interference all this causes if there are
any folk with hobbies in the radio reception or ham area, you might
otherwise become public enemy no 1!

The original dimmer (going back some years) did interfere slightly
with MW or LW (can't remember which), but it was changed for an X10
DIN rail dimmer some 8-10 years ago as part of the home automation,
and I don't recall getting any interference from that. I guess
there's the potential for the 12V supply to generate some.

I'll try a MW or LW radio (if I can find one) and let you know.
It certainly doesn't interfere with FM.

--
Andrew Gabriel