Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

Gazz wrote:

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Dave Plowman wrote:

It's only *some* tungsten lamps which are 'banned'. Mainly GLS (basic
lamps). 'Specials' - like it seems you have - are still available.

Thanks for that. Mine are R50s - I couldn't remember the designation
when I wrote my last post. I'm puzzled though: what's the
justification for doing away with the larger bulbs and not the smaller?

the larger bulbs use more power, which apparantly means more greenarse
gasses produced, which is killing the plannet they rekon, so get rid of
them and the greenarses can feel smug that they have done their bit to
save the planet,

don't worry, they'll get to the smaller bulbs in time, then they will
start moaning about the mercury in the cfl's and make us switch to
led's, untill someone points out something bad about the manafacture of
them and they make us all use fart gas for lighting... they produce
enough of it, so may as well burn it for light.

+1
Made me smile anyway..

Try here for an expanded version of what you are saying

http://www.clarewind.org.uk/events-1.php?event=35