Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

On Oct 15, 10:41*am, Davey wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 02:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

Bolted wrote:
On Oct 15, 10:26*am, Jim S wrote:
What, exactly, is the situation regarding the phasing out of
tungsten lightbulbs?
All my main room lights are on dimmer switches so do I fill my spare
bedroom with bulbs for the future?

You can buy halogen replacements, which are pretty much identical
albeit more expensive to buy and less expensive to run.

Or you can readily buy dimmable CFLs these days.

If you really like the stone age, it is more authentic to light a fire
in the corner of the room.

There is nothing wrong with liking something as it was, such as
tungsten bulbs. *My wife reacts to fluorescents, they give her
headaches.
Funnily enough, I am about to by a wood-burning stove for the
house. Maybe we'll leave the door open, so we can read by its light. g

--
Davey.

If you get high frequency fluorescents (electronic ballast) she should
not be affected.
CFLs are high frequency.