Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:19:38 +0100, Gazz wrote:

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Dave Plowman wrote:

It's only *some* tungsten lamps which are 'banned'. Mainly GLS (basic
lamps). 'Specials' - like it seems you have - are still available.

Thanks for that. Mine are R50s - I couldn't remember the designation when
I wrote my last post. I'm puzzled though: what's the justification for
doing away with the larger bulbs and not the smaller?

the larger bulbs use more power, which apparantly means more greenarse
gasses produced, which is killing the plannet they rekon, so get rid of them
and the greenarses can feel smug that they have done their bit to save the
planet,

don't worry, they'll get to the smaller bulbs in time, then they will start
moaning about the mercury in the cfl's and make us switch to led's, untill
someone points out something bad about the manafacture of them and they make
us all use fart gas for lighting... they produce enough of it, so may as
well burn it for light.

As of course was the first street lighting.
--
Jim S