Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lightbulbs - the facts?

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Gareth wrote:

You can now get halogen bulbs inside ordinary light bulbs. These work
with ordinary dimmers, they come on instantly and, in my opinion, they
give a much nicer light than CFLs.

I must check those out. Almost all my lighting uses small 40W
screw-thread reflector bulbs - if there isn't an alternative available
I'm faced with having to replace all the fittings.

It's only *some* tungsten lamps which are 'banned'. Mainly GLS (basic
lamps). 'Specials' - like it seems you have - are still available. Even
although they are generally less efficient than the old GLS types.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...r_1/index.html

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.