Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17081 Ignoramus17081 is offline

Default Half done hooking up compressor in the factory

On 2011-10-15, Mike Spencer wrote:

Ignoramus21718 writes:

My horizontal compressor stands on carpet on 2x4s and it works great.

My Atlas Copco 3-stage V compressor sits on 2x4s and they sit on 4
casters. Connection to the tank is hydraulic hose. It's a heavy cast
iron thing back in a corner. The casters not only eliminate vibration
to the shop, they also make it possible to wheel the thing out into
the shop to change belts or whatever, rather than standing on my head
back in a corner with a drop light.

This is clever. I hope that it does not dance around when in
operation.

Sounds like you would appreciate a 10,000 square foot building and a
big crane on wheels.