Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:13:02 +0100, Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:52:42 +0100, hugh wrote:
Just get yourself a Defender with towball set to optimum BMW radiator
height.

:-) I knew someone who had a trailer hitch on their vehicle for that sole
possibility (well, not BMW-specific, just the offchance that someone
would slam into them) - they never had any intention of actually using it
for the intended purpose.

The ones I hate are those who pull out of a side-road right in front of
you (we get a lot of 30mph side-roads onto 55mph main roads where I am),
even when you have a completely clear road behind you, and if they'd only
waited a second or two... it's like they haven't even scanned the road at
all and have just thought "uh oh, car coming, better go now".

cheers

Jules

I'd happily put wager on everyone who does that, suggesting that they will
turn off again in a short distance. The more pushy they are, the shorter
the distance before turning off. Might lose the odd one, but not many IME.

--
Rod