Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul MR Paul MR is offline

Default OT - As promised, Debit card fees

On 10/14/2011 8:00 AM, chaniarts wrote:
On 10/13/2011 4:41 PM, SMS wrote:
On 9/30/2011 3:00 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I'm trying to figure out where to go with the CC, I'm obviously staying
with Schwab for everything else. Any suggestions?
Maybe the Cap 1 rewards card instead of the mileage one.

It's time to bid a fond farewell to the FIA/Schwab Visa Signature card
with the 2% rebate. I began moving my automatic payments off the 2%
card, which expires on October 31st, onto a 1.5% rebate card. Strangely
there has no been Bank of America replacement card yet, but they still
have a couple of weeks.

The 2% was nice while it lasted.

my amex costco card rebates 3% on gas, 2% on travel related stuff, and
1% on everything else.

My AMEX Costco Card ($50 Costco membership each year; has it gone up
again to $55 as someone suggested?) will rebate only 0.25% on the first
$3,000 of annual purchases of "everything else." Then it goes up to a
magnanimous 0.5% and finally to 1.0%. That's why I use the card only at
Costco.