Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
news
In message om,
"dennis@home" writes

"Nightjar" wrote in message

I have read that rigid tow bars are, however, a requirement when
towing on a motorway, but have not found the relevant legislation.

There is a minimum speed limit on motorways..

Well - having been shown to be wrong by several people are you going
to admit that you are wrong on this point?

Where am i wrong?
You try driving at 30 mph and see how long it is before they stop you.
There is a minimum speed on a motorway even if you only get done for
driving without due consideration.

there is a maximum of 4.5 m of rope allowed..
you can't reach the minimum speed limit without being done for
dangerous driving with only 4.5 m of spacing.

You're not driving (the engine is not running), you are being towed

Try that with the police when they pull you over for dangerous
driving.
Stay off the roads dennis - you're not safe

Just how many accidents have you had geof?

I wonder how many accidents you have caused and not seen in your rear view
mirror.

--
Adam