Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 10 cheapest BEST cities to live.... and to run a mfr'g bidniss??

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:28:34 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

http://money.msn.com/saving-money/10...5877&GT1=33026

The first listing, Sandusky, Ohio, gives the articles sources.

Michigan, Ohio, Indiana seem to dominate -- haven't checked the geography,
but mebbe all close to mfr'g towns? Elkhart, Indiana f'sure.
But Cumberland, Md-W. Va (not dat far from me) was a bit of a surprise --
altho anything with W. Va. could explain "cheap".

Have you checked into Missouri? They are generally small-business
friendly, relatively low taxes, not a lot of excess regulation,
pretty cheap property values (really gotten very cheap lately, but it is not
likely to stay that way).

Move to Misery? Mebbe not!
Missouriably hot in the summer.
Missouriably cold in the winter.
Missouriably humid alla time.
It's in Tornado Alley. http://goo.gl/Ifthi
Watch out for the lead. http://goo.gl/BpcYi
There are one or two rednecks there in them thar Ozarks.

I grew up downstairs, in Arkansas, as a kid. I have no use for the
South or the Midwest or whatever they want to call those states.
BTDT, got the sweat, said goodbye.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that