Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Half done hooking up compressor in the factory

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:05:34 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

On 10/11/2011 10:18 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
//

I've had poorly plated galv nails which flaked tin all over the place.
The only clean galvanizing I've seen is on deck screws. IIRC, it's
called "micronized electroplating".

Cool, I did not know that!

The only problem is that it's not rated for PT lumber. Not thick
enough, evidently. I found that out after putting together a little
deck addition for a lady. Most of the wood was plain doug fir (her
cheaper choice) but the framing was PT. sigh

I guess it'd be fine for cedar or redwood decks.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.