Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

hugh wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
hugh wrote:
In message , Roger Chapman
writes
On 12/10/2011 14:38, hugh wrote:

Funny no-one ever complains about HGVs. Have you ever known one
of those pull into a layby to let the tail pass?

I have a vague memory of it once happening but probably the driver
just wanted a rest. ;-)

I am not sure many of my complaints ever make it onto usenet but
there are a number of common habits that I frequently complain
about. The three that come quickly to mind are extreme tailgating,
travelling in convoy on single carriage roads with insufficient
space to allow overtaking one at a time and overtaking manoeuvres
on dual carriageways that go on for miles and miles and sometimes
at least still end in failure.

And driving too closely in front of the vehicle behind you.

Explain how that is different from 'extreme tailgating' hugh?

It's the fault of the driver in front, whereas tailgating is the fault
of the driver behind.

It happens. I had someone on a motorway change from L1 to L2 without
looking. When he did look in the RVM he thought I was tailgating and slammed
the brakes on to teach me a lesson for tailgating!

The stupid **** missed me by two inches and never indicated when changing
lanes.

--
Adam