Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 12, 4:43*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

harry wrote:
Only now has your half
wit McCrystal admitted failure. *So it has all been for nothing, while
the real (Saudi) culprits were allowed to escape.
Afghanistan will be an even bigger failure.

Our objective in Afghanistan is NOT to win, rather it is to not fail.

We're being HeyBubbed again! *"Not failing" is double-talk and a pretty
****-poor objective for the world's most powerful army. *It stinks mightily
of sour grapes and moving the goal posts once we discovered we could never
reach them. *It's a lesson we should have learned in Vietnam. *Clinton,
despite his multitude of faults, *apparently knew enough to pull out of
Somalia when it became clear we were unwelcome and that we were unlikely to
reach a successful outcome. *Bush, unfortunately, was not as smart and
squandered our blood and treasure trying to build Muslim democracies that by
your own admission elsewhere are doomed to failure. *So why bother? *What
did we gain from fighting those wars?

Those allegedly great economic numbers you love to spout about the Bush
presidency came about from MASSIVE public deficit spending on two wars and
the building of an entirely new security "empire." * Bush spent tax dollars
on foreign expeditions that yielded no treasure. *At least the Romans had
enough brains to loot their victims to pay for their military incursions.
China's now getting Iraqi's recovering oil production. *They paid attention
to business while our alleged free market worshippers got mired knee-deep in
war.

Ironically, that orgy of megadollars was the kind of public spending
Republicans are now *determined* to contain. *"Sure we can empty the
country's treasury killing people and destroying a country, but HELP OUR
OWN?" *Sadly, I now believe their goal is to keep us in stagnation and
debtt. *Hell, they MADE us insolvent with their wars. *Now they want the
country to suffer for political gain and that will become clear in the next
year as the OWS protests provide a focus for discussion of how we got into
this mess. *The Republicans know it was massive war and security spending
along with Wall St. fraud that kept our economy afloat during those years as
our real jobs (and treasure) fled offshore to China and India. *They didn't
care until they lost the presidency.

I still find it odd that back then the "fiscal conservatives" that have
their collective panties in a bunch now didn't make one peep about the
trillions being spent prosecuting the wrong countries for the 9/11 attack..
Then they pumped billions into the TSA when it was obvious all that was
really needed was to lock the freaking cabin doors like our Israeli allies
did 20+ years ago. *No stinkin' Muslim terrorist is EVER going to be able to
use our jetliners as missiles again. *American passengers will see to that.

I think this will be the year that people realize that it's not Obama's
fault we're still in the crapper. *The bills for *their* unconscionable
spending orgy have come due, the Republican hawks that pushed for our
wasteful wars are looking VERY hard for someone else to blame for their
excesses. *Typical.

And *I have also predicted the failure of the Arab spring, they will
get new despots (supported by the CIA).

Who do you think started Arab Spring? *It was easy. *Those countries had
lots of educated young people who couldn't find jobs. *The pattern has been
thus for many revolutions/revolts/rebellions in the world.

As for the American spring, it too will fail. The protestors in Wall
Street (or most of them) will go home when it gets cold.

I am not so sure if only because more and more people don't have homes to go
to. *Banks are holding rather huge inventories of empty or soon to be empty
housing. *I believe we didn't *really* prevent the Next Great Depression.