Martin

Default Neighbours new conservatory nightmare...

" Any idea whether the rules about "obscure glass" can be found anywhere on
the net? We have some neighbours who have put up a conservatory close to

the
boundary and they've got clear glass and no blinds or curtains.

Peter.

My neighbour said in his application that he would have obscured glass
installed for his conservatory but when I noticed the installers using clear
glass they said they hadn't been told to use obscured glass.

I got on to planning and it appears my neighbour was "hard up" and couldn't
afford the more expensive obscured glass. After several months he
eventually purchased some roll of opaque material to put over the glass.

In your case I suspect it depends on how close to you the conservatory has
been built. I have had a table at the same position in the living room for
20 years and from my seat the only view I get is their conservatory !

Martin