Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Cost of hiring a JCB

On Oct 8, 2:16 pm, "SS" wrote:
"GB" wrote in message

SS wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:XYydnRZTns06CRLTnZ2dnUVZ8mydnZ2d@brightview .co.uk...
On 07/10/2011 22:03, SS wrote:
For interest only as I dont require one. I have just recently hired
one in
Turkey for 10 hours (including operator) and was wondering what that
would
have cost in the uk. I had to have a 3 x 3 x 3 meter hole dug out
of almost
solid rock to put in a septic tank.

Depends on the size, and also if you drive it yourself or want
someone to do it for you. Our local equipment hire place does mini
excavators starting at about 80 for a day - or about three times
that for a week. You pay a bit more for larger ones.

It was the normal size not a mini one and with someone to do it took
10 hours and cost 200 including taking the rubbish away.

That's 27 cu m of rubbish. Around 5 large skips at umm 120 each?

Image of JCB doimg the work...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3-10-10011.jpg

cesspit then?

Jim K