Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is it just me, or are laborers and handymen very unreliable?

On Oct 11, 3:33*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:42:06 -0500, Ignoramus19425

On 2011-10-11, Bill wrote:
On 10/10/2011 8:07 PM, Ignoramus20811 wrote:
I had a few occasions, when I had to hire some laborers or handymen
(read, people who do simple one time jobs).

My experience with them has been abysmal, in the sense that most of
them are very unreliable. They can show up 1.5 hours later, or not at
all. They do not even think that it is a big deal.

Is that my own isolated experience, or has anyone else seen the same?

if you hire the illegal ones, they are much more reliable - they are
actually here to work. *Of course hiring them is illegal in some states.

Any idea where can I find them? I have some jobs that are simple and
safe, such as moving stuff around and cleaning machines, and sweeping
the floor, scrubbing off caked dirt etc.

I would really like to get a couple of guys to do it. I tried getting
some handymen, and it was very frustrating due to their unreliability.

I am also slightly concerned that some of them may be looking for
targets to burglarize.

Try the entrance to the parking lot for Home Depot etc etc.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)- Hide quoted text -

Will you be standing there with the rest of the illegals looking for
work?

TMT