Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Snell Pete Snell is offline

Default Is it just me, or are laborers and handymen very unreliable?

On 10/10/2011 11:07 PM, Ignoramus20811 wrote:
I had a few occasions, when I had to hire some laborers or handymen
(read, people who do simple one time jobs).

My experience with them has been abysmal, in the sense that most of
them are very unreliable. They can show up 1.5 hours later, or not at
all. They do not even think that it is a big deal.

Is that my own isolated experience, or has anyone else seen the same?

I think it is a universal theme, we have the same problem in Canada.

Maybe you could hire a neighbourhood high school kid? If you get a
good one, you can train them to do more important jobs too. Nice thing
is that you don't have to make a steady job for them, but you know who
you are getting each time you call on them. Probably have to try out a
few before you get a good one though........

Pete

--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics