Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On 10/10/2011 10:41 PM, RickH wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:13 pm, wrote:
On Oct 10, 10:59 am, wrote:

On Oct 10, 1:35 pm, wrote:

harry wrote:

All empires fail from within. The collapse will take a few years but
is inevitable. No empire has ever suceeded in recovering from it's
decline.The rats/wealthy will fight for scraps seeking to preserve
their positions with no regard to the less well off. There's gonna be
a "Winter of discontent". Probably a few of them.

Heh! It took the Roman Empire longer to fall than the United States has been
in existence. We have, by that measure, a couple of hundred years before the
end.

So, why are the Russians and Chinese being so aggressive in manufacturing
and trade?

The crowd holds its breath!

Economic warfare. Totally successful too. They have destroyed your
economy. They sussed out that your own greed and aquisitivness would
be your downfall. They produced cheap crap from their slave labour
factories and you bought whilst your own industry went to the wall.
Hung byyour own petard is the expression.- Hide quoted text -

You clearly buy into all the liberal bull**** lies with an unmatched
ignorance.

WE destroyed our own economy, not anyone else. The Chinese did not
produce cheap crap with slave labor. They produced exactly what the
American Public demanded and wanted with a labor force that was more
than willing to work for wages that they had never before been able to
obtain. The Chinese people have as a result built an economy that is
now becoming consumers that if we were half as smart as we pretend to
be, we would be taking advantage of.

Make no mistake that every corporation with half an ounce of
intelligence fully understands that a mere 300 million consumers in
the USA pales by comparison to the other 6 billion potiential world
wide consumers.- Hide quoted text -

We and to some extent corporations willing to sell out the company for
fast profit. For example Dell asked a Chinese company to begin making
one of their small circuit boards in a laptop, a very small USB
interface board that sat off the mother board and held/buffered the
USB ports. The Chinese company did this and increased Dells profit on
the laptops. Then the Chinese company offered to make the whole
mother board. Dell agreed, closed its MB manufacturing up and made
more profit. Then the Chinese company offered to make the whole
laptop. Dell agreed, and shipped all assembly and part sourcing to
China and much of the industrial and product engineering too. For
about 3 years Dell's profits soared because they were able to close
all us plants and engineering. Then the Chinese company approached
the retailers like Best Buy and said we can sell you the same Dell
computer under our brand for 25% less than the Dell. Now Dell is
nothing more than a useless brand, incapable of making or engineering
their own devices, and their main "supplier" is undercutting them in
the market. This story is being repeated many times and with India
too, with the recent movement of our once massive IT development
industry to India. The US people want cheap goods, the companies want
fast profits for shareholders, but neither realizes the adage
"throwing out the baby with the bathwater". At some point China makes
chumbalones out of the US (to use a common Chicago term for a patsy).
At some point we need to get access to their market and they need to
properly value their currency, if that wont happen soon then we are in
trouble, because the typical MBA running companies today has no long
term outlook.

If the U.S. was as business friendly as China, all sorts of factories
would be opening in The States. A manufacturer is going to move out of
a place that doesn't appreciate or value its presence. The U.S.
government has made it TOO difficult for manufacturers to open and run
factories. When junk science is used to interfere with business,
business goes someplace else. The EPA designating CO2 as pollution and
requiring manufacturers to spend huge sums of money/profits to mitigate
CO2 is driving many of them away. Of course there are all the other
onerous requirements that also drive up the cost of doing business. I
may have mentioned before that business are leaving anti business
California for business friendly states like Texas and the jobs go with
them.

TDD