Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On 10/10/11 10:13 pm, BobR wrote:

WE destroyed our own economy, not anyone else. The Chinese did not
produce cheap crap with slave labor. They produced exactly what the
American Public demanded and wanted with a labor force that was more
than willing to work for wages that they had never before been able to
obtain. The Chinese people have as a result built an economy that is
now becoming consumers that if we were half as smart as we pretend to
be, we would be taking advantage of.

Make no mistake that every corporation with half an ounce of
intelligence fully understands that a mere 300 million consumers in
the USA pales by comparison to the other 6 billion potiential world
wide consumers.

Henry Ford, I have read, paid his employees more than the going rate at
the time and gave them more time off, partly so they didn't unionize,
but partly so that they would have the means to buy his products and the
opportunity to use them (without which there would not have been any
point in buying them even when they could afford them).

But now US companies don't have to care whether their own employees can
afford to buy their products because there are people elsewhere who can.

Perce