Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is it just me, or are laborers and handymen very unreliable?

On Oct 10, 10:07*pm, Ignoramus20811 ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
20811.invalid wrote:
I had a few occasions, when I had to hire some laborers or handymen
(read, people who do simple one time jobs).

My experience with them has been abysmal, in the sense that most of
them are very unreliable. They can show up 1.5 hours later, or not at
all. They do not even think that it is a big deal.

Is that my own isolated experience, or has anyone else seen the same?

Yes...happens all the time here.

What I have done is seek out those who can keep appointments and work
with them to teach them my expectations. It takes awhile but in time
you will have some people who will perform to your requirements.

And I pay well....and I feed the help well too.

And they remember that.

Which means they want to work for me again.

TMT